ANC: Gauteng has best infrastructure for big conferences
The top brass of the African National Congress (ANC) said all major events this year, will be hosted by the Gauteng province.
Deputy Secretary General Jessie Duarte said the decision was purely based on the available infrastructure and capacity to host events of that nature.
It has previously been suggested that the decision to host the major events in Gauteng was financial, while others feel it is blatant that the ANC is trying its utmost to ensure that it does not lose the hearts and minds of its Gauteng voters ahead of the 2019 General elections.
Duarte said it had nothing to do with either of those two things.
"Gauteng has a large number of beds that can be offered for people to stay in and large enough conference venues," Duarte told the SABC.
"For that reason we have decided that Gauteng is a very appropriate place. Also in terms of movement of people, it is easier to move people from various parts of the country into Gauteng," added Duarte.
More News South Africa
- SA should be ashamed by education standards
- Cosatu: Government must save poultry industry
- Ehrenreich has a full go at WC government
- IFP: No time for blame game
- Warning issued to North West Premier
- Zuma repeats, he will not seek a third term
- COSATU: Government needs to protect farm workers
- SABC interim board must have integrity
- L'Atelier competition is a platform for emerging artists
- Miss SA goes to Miss Universe