CT may see severe water restrictions
Dams in Cape Town are at 44% capacity, and the City of Cape Town is concerned on the amount of water being used by residents.
The City is threatening to implement even stricter water regulations, if the amount of water used daily isn't significantly reduced.
City of Cape Town Media Officer Simon Maytham says “It’s essential that residents share and raise awareness and that any contraventions are reported.”
Over 859 million litres of water have been used per day between 2 and 8 January.
An ideal usage is under 800 million litres per day.
More News South Africa
- Miss SA goes to Miss Universe
- Rapper sentenced for rape and torture
- This Day in History: 11 January, 1999
- British Airways names top six destinations for 2017
- Social justice group exposes corruption entangling presidential housing initiative
- SAHRC steps into mosque desecration fray
- The 2017 school year begins
- 22% increase in pedestrian fatalities
- Mo Flava to give away bursaries once again
- School in Vuwani starts as per usual