SABC interim board must have integrity
The Economic Freedom Fighters said the interim board of the South African Broadcasting Corporation needed to be free of any politicial influence.
There are many problems at the public broadcaster, but spokesperson for the EFF Mbuyiseni Ndlozi said political interference was at the core of those issues.
Ndlozi said the long-term view also needed to be taken into consideration when an interim board was appointed, adding that the names put forward needed to have the capacity to hold those positions in the long term.
"We are looking for men and women of integrity," Ndlozi told the SABC.
"But also people who understand that they have got to be above the political influence that has made the SABC a crippled Public Broadcaster," added the EFF spokesperson.
The interim board is likely to be appointed in just under two weeks.
More News South Africa
- Makhura detests slate politics
- Dung heaps act as 'social media' for rhinos
- No fee increases for NSFAS students
- This Day in History: 12 January, 1991
- DA lays charges against Ugu Municipality
- Water restrictions to continue in Jozi
- Mantashe: Being Deputy doesn't guarantee succession
- SA should be ashamed by education standards
- Cosatu: Government must save poultry industry
- Ehrenreich has a full go at WC government